Welcome to the Agassiz-Harrison Museum!
The Agassiz-Harrison Museum is housed in a Canadian Pacific Railway (CPR) station built in 1893 – one of Canada’s oldest wooden CPR stations still standing. The building was once a fully-operating station, and also the living quarters for the station master and his family.
The Agassiz CPR station was purchased by the Agassiz-Harrison Historical Society for $1.00 and opened as a museum in 1986. The Agassiz-Harrison Museum collections artifacts and archival records from the Agassiz, Harrison Hot Springs and Harrison Mills area.
The Agassiz-Harrison Museum acquires objects for its collection entirely through donations. Please consider donating objects that have a strong connection to the history or natural history of the area. Object collections are used for research, display and educational purposes at the museum. Contact the Manager/Curator to discuss artifact donations.
Current exhibits include:
- Harrison: A Working Lake
- CP Stationmaster’s Office
- The Barn, agricultural display
- Sports display
- Transportation display
- Coast Salish Baskets on display
- BC Hopyards display
- 1948 Replica Caboose on site
- Dr. McCaffrey’s Office display
- 1948 Flood display
- Waltraut Bartel’s China